Although the feeling all around was a melancholy mood
The policy of folks like me was fastidious and good
The swell of hope I felt that day diminished in a flash
While standing on the center lane, no barriers to dash
The happiness just slipped away to crush my vivid dream
Like oil on a flabby piece of skin in need of cream
Luck would have it no one else here seemed to see me cry
Except for one lone shaming man, I felt like I would die.
I tried to turn but felt real stuck with sorrow and some pain
Jumping now would do no good, there wasn’t any gain.
So here I stood aside the man, a standstill in my head
Realizing my day was done, so I left and went to bed.
©2022 CBialczak Poetry
- FOWC: https://fivedotoh.com/2022/06/27/fowc-with-fandango-swell/
- FFFC: https://fivedotoh.com/2022/06/27/fandangos-flash-fiction-challenge-175/
- EM’s RWP: https://emkingston.wordpress.com/2022/06/27/e-m-s-rwp-201-fastidious/
- YDWP: https://onedailyprompt.wordpress.com/2022/06/27/your-daily-word-prompt-Flabby-ydwordprompt-June-27-2022/
- WOTD: https://wordofthedaychallenge.wordpress.com/2022/06/27/shaming/
- RDP: https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2022/06/27/rdp-monday-crush/
- 3TC: https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/06/27/three-things-challenge-m7/
- MVB: https://chellebcom2.wordpress.com/2022/06/27/todays-prompt-melancholy/
- Daily Spur: https://thedailyspur.wordpress.com/2022/06/26/policy-2/