As I sit now and think about the words here today
I catenate my words in my roustabout way
Its not an emergency this is no jubilee
but as I proceed I feel it does amuse me.
Like a blackbird who flies in the dead of the night
to a flame going out in the wind
Nothing surprises my mind anymore, so now it is time to begin
I will think of an ambulance whirling away as it seems to cross by on the street
While a meek little woman searches her purse, wondering who she might meet
She may need assistance here on the ground, her bare feet attached to the earth
Or getting her butt up on the bus, the door is too small for her girth.
I find that I am like a grain of the sand that covers a wide open beach
playing my part in this writing montage wondering who I will reach.
Now that I’m done and she’s riding the bus my search for the words has to stop
Like a saint kneels to pray the creed that he knows, my brain cells are ready to drop.
©2022 CBialczak Poetry
- Daily Spur: https://thedailyspur.wordpress.com/2022/06/19/bare/
- YDWP: https://onedailyprompt.wordpress.com/2022/06/19/your-daily-word-prompt-Catenate-ydwordprompt-June-19-2022/
- 3TC: https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/06/19/three-things-challenge-999/
- WOTD: https://wordofthedayfb.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/word-of-the-day-roustabout/
- FOWC: https://fivedotoh.com/2022/06/19/fowc-with-fandango-proceed/
- MVB: https://chellebcom2.wordpress.com/2022/06/19/todays-prompt-grain/
- RDP: https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2022/06/19/rdp-sunday-jubilee/
- Sunday Whirl: https://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2022/06/19/wordle-557/