Steven was weary and ornery as well
from constantly searching for gold
He searched the horizon and suddenly he thought
maybe he’s getting too old.
He stared out there blankly, thought maybe his eyes
were playing tricks on him just when he saw
A magnolia tree with big yellow blooms
Encouraging him to look more
Without the ability to deter his own mind
like a stain on a blank plot of land
the universe felt like it fell into place
like a fellowship to go hand in hand
He kept up his pace and decided that he
would look for a little bit more
when all of a sudden he stopped in his tracks
to see his loving wife right at their door.
He threw up his hands and dropped to his knees
from the sight of his beautiful love
And silently he knew just what to do
He thanked the God he knew up above.
A milestone reached right in front of his eyes
His joy spreading out as far as the sea
He found he could stop his pursual right there
For his love and him were meant to be.
©2022 CBialczak Poetry
- 3TC: deter, encourage, blank https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/three-things-challenge-973/
- MVB: milestone https://chellebcom2.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/todays-prompt-milestone/
- FSS: Steven was weary from constantly searching the horizon, and he thought maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him when he saw… https://fivedotoh.com/2022/05/24/fandangos-story-starter-47/
- FOWC: Ornery https://fivedotoh.com/2022/05/24/fowc-with-fandango-ornery/
- WOTD: magnolia https://wordofthedaychallenge.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/w-o-t-d-c-magnolia/
- EM’s RWP: fellowship https://emkingston.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/e-m-s-rwp-173-fellowship/
- Daily Spur: stain https://thedailyspur.wordpress.com/2022/05/23/stain/
- RDP: universe https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/rdp-tuesday-universe/