Despite my abeyance and my reasons to decline
Crow started up a rumor, absurdity divine!
About a clever swan who lived down in the pond
Passing all the little fish to get back to the frond
Bodacious lady birdy would collect her tiny babes
and circle through the pond like hands on a round clock-face
Then snatch up little bits of the leaves she thought delish
and deliver them to lily pads she used as baby’s dish.
I stopped him with my query, he didn’t have a clue
Why a duck would pass up fish, lies no longer ensue.
©2022 CBialczak Poetry
- 3TC: collect, deliver, pass https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/05/19/three-things-challenge-968/
- FOWC: bodacious https://fivedotoh.com/2022/05/19/fowc-with-fandango-bodacious/
- WOTD: query https://wordofthedaychallenge.wordpress.com/2022/05/19/query/
- Daily Spur: rumor https://thedailyspur.wordpress.com/2022/05/18/rumor/
- RDP: clock-face https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2022/05/19/ragtag-daily-prompt-thursday-clock-face/
- EM’s RWP: abeyance https://emkingston.wordpress.com/2022/05/19/e-m-s-rwp-169-abeyance/