To join in click here: https://emkingston.wordpress.com/category/sunday-ramble-prompt/
This week’s topic is:
“High School Days“.
Here are the questions:
- What is one thing you remember about your first day of high school? Sadly, I have absolutely no recollection of starting high school. I can recall many things but not as much as I would like. I suppose some of it was that my mother had cancer when I was around that age, so maybe that clouds many memories. If I really sit and think about it, obviously more memories appear.
- Did you participate in extracurricular activities or sports in high school? I played Field Hockey and one year did make-up for the school play, Man of La Mancha. I tried track a bunch of times. I was in the band so we had a lot of outside practice for that, especially when parades and concerts were coming up. We used to have a half-time show for the weekly football game. The marching band did a full show. At the time we all hated it and loved it at the same time. Some of those games were cold though! Especially the ones around Thanksgiving!
- Was Freshman hazing or initiations at trend at your high school? Not that I knew of.
- Did you attend your Senior Prom? If so, do you remember the theme? I don’t recall any proms having themes. Maybe on comes to mind, Under the Sea, but I may be making that up in my own head. I do remember the Senior Prom! My mom had a pre-Prom party for the whole grade. Everyone was invited with their dates and the parents could come and take pictures. She had made tons of food and I remember going in the backyard and front yard for pictures. I remember limos lining the street! I also remember my date, God rest his soul. Alex…I broke up with Ken, my boyfriend, about a week or two before the Prom. Alex didn’t have a date so we decided to go together. Well, when almost all the limos left my house that night, Alex still hadn’t gotten there. I was the hostess for God’s sake! Next thing I know I see him stumbling down our road toward our house, wasted off his gourd. I was so upset. That night he ended up spending the whole time with a girl in our “group” and I ended up getting back together with Ken. So many mistakes were made then…Lol! My mom had made my prom dress for me that year. Picture below…
- Is there a favorite memory from your high school days? I have a lot of great memories from High School. More than from college. I remember climbing into Gretta’s giant station wagon, Me, Gretta, and Amy all in the big front seat. I also remember Dan, God rest his soul, picking me up at my house in his tiny toyota truck. It would be him, Amy, Gretta (I believe), and another boy…The five of us would jam into the little tiny truck, waving goodbye to my mom! We were usually on our way to buy beer, under-aged of course at that time. I remember being in the band with Kristen P and Kristin B! Band trips, parades, half-time shows….Wow, if I keep going I could do this all night………..