Considering how last year went and the current state of things, do you have any plans for Halloween this year? Will you be going to any costume parties, handing out trick-or-treat candy, or just staying at home with the porch light off so no one will bother you? Please let us know!
I remember as a kid getting dressed up and loving that and I remember going trick-or-treating but I don’t think I ever loved it. When my kids were little I loved dressing them up and tried opting to stay home and hand out candy rather than walk the streets. I guess I just never saw it as a true fun activity.
Now we are in a 55 and older condo complex. I think this would be a great place for little ones because they could go door to door without having to go in the street but I have no idea what they do here. Considering I am a sugar-hog I will most likely buy candy just in case…just in case I want to eat it! Lol. Honestly, I do the lame thing and go to CVS the day after and get the candy for 50% off!
I don’t know if I would say “stable” but I am a planner. I do like to know what I am doing and when. I do love some spontaneous things but not when I am doing something that I have scheduled! I would automatically think it is a control thing, why I like everything planned, but some of it is my PTSD. I don’t like the unexpected bad things which makes me leary of unexpected anythings!
How do you feel about sharing your computer or phone password with your partner? I don’t really mind but it doesn’t really ever come up. Sometimes I like to think it is nice to have a “place” to go that no one else can go to but if David asked I would tell him.
What is the greatest struggle you’ve overcome? (This isn’t meant to be invasive, just use general terms if you’d like. Or if not, feel free to pass on the question. That’s allowed too). Losing my son and being able to be happy again.
If heaven is real and you died tomorrow, do you think you would get in? Why or why not? (this is purely speculation, no bias if you don’t believe) Definitely get in. I have done a few naughty things in my life but nothing bad enough to warrant me going anywhere else!
What makes you feel like you really need to be alone? Being really tired! When I am tired I am irritable which then makes me get annoyed easily. I have a few sensory issues so if I am really tired I get agitated easy.
GRATITUDE SECTION (as always, optional)
Do you have any traditions around this time of year? not anymore…time to make new ones I suppose!
Sadje is asking this question: Are you excited about tomorrow or worried?
I am also more of an optimist so I choose to think about all of the things that are coming and all the positives. I do worry a lot but realize that my worries are sometimes just ideas I have put into my own head without any real reason. On a bad day I feel like I would like to hurry to the next day, just to have a better day. Overall, I voice my worries and concerns but know that tomorrow is a new day.
I originally started blogging because I thought it would be a good place to connect with people, find people with similar interests, and share my knowledge. I continue to blog because I have come to love the community and all the people I know, as well as loving the writing that I produce here and read here. I feel like I have made some “friends” from around the world and I really have learned so much. I found that there is quite a lot of poetry that I enjoy and many styles are new to me. I love challenges and prompts. One reason also is I love the feedback I get from my writing. Sometimes when you put time into your writing it is nice to see that someone else believes it is a job well done.
Have you ever been to a clothing-optional (nude) venue, such as a beach, resort, club, party, etc? If so, what did you think of the experience? Would you do it again? If not, would you ever consider going to a clothing-optional gathering? Why or why not?
I have never been to a place such as this and I am not sure I ever would go. The thing is this, if you want to walk around nude or swim or whatever that is fine but I really don’t feel like hanging out playing cards naked, for instance, just to say I play cards naked. Also, I really don’t see the point. Yes, so you are free from judgement of superficial belongings but going just to be naked seems like it is, I don’t know…I don’t want to sit in a restaurant after someone’s bare ass has just sat in a chair and if you are going to walk around with a towel to cover yourself why not just wear clothes? I guess it just seems pointless to me to go to a party, take off your clothes, and then stand around doing the same thing you would be doing at a regular party.
1) If you were to be cast as part of a comedy double act, which part would you play: the straight man or the funny one, and why? I would probably start of as the straight woman but then end up being the funny one once I got into it. Once I get on a roll I’m good…
2) If you were to be reincarnated on Earth as any non-living/inanimate object of your choosing, what would you come back as and why? Hmmm….I guess maybe I would like to be a freezer…people like to put things in there to save and a lot of times they fill it with good stuff like ice cream. Who doesn’t like a little extra freezer space?
3) We all know how dogs mark their territory. How do you mark your territory? I make miniature things that are very detailed. People have come to see miniature things and think of me.
4) If you were on a trivia show and had to correctly answer ten questions in one subject to win a million dollars (or whatever currency is used in your locale), what would you hope the category would be? Potpourri – a little of everything
5) In democratic societies, do you believe that the right to vote is merely a privilege or a duty for all citizens? This should not be thought of as an “Americans only” question. ANY ONE is welcome to answer. I think it is sort of both. I think that it is a privilege that can be lost, like if you commit a crime but I also think it a duty so that the system works properly. The way the government seems to want to make new rules about voting so I don’t really believe in its truth-aspect. I mean, if you vote but the decision is based on a bunch of other factors, what’s the point?
What are your primary sources for news these days? Are you confident that your sources present the news accurately, fairly, and without bias? Or have you given up trying to keep up with the news anymore?
I gave up before even starting! I used to watch the news, growing up, because my dad had it on. Then I never watched it…At some point I think my late husband used to come home and turn on the local news, so I would watch that. Now, whenever David has it on I watch and listen but I know there aren’t many times that I myself have turned the news on. I get tired of hearing the same thing over and over. The programs are so short that they really just seem to give the same information over and over. I admit I have watched it for the weather. Even they’ve been wrong so many times!
Funny, but I always considered myself growing up in the 80’s because that is what I remember when thinking back to being a kid. In actuality I grew up in the 70’s. I don’t know why I find this so weird or why I can’t get it straight in my mind. I think if I had to choose I would still have chosen to grow up in the 70’s. The 80’s were so…like…oh my God!…like…cliche…like….like, you know?