Frank is hosting Fibbing Friday this week: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2022/02/11/fibbing-friday-february-11th-2022/
Greetings, and welcome to Fibbing Friday! Answer the questions below as creatively as possible; just be sure to bend, stretch, break, or outright ignore the truth! Once you’ve crafted a fine set of fibs, post them on your blog and tag it as “Fibbing Friday”. Be sure to link back here so the rest of us can enjoy your twisting of the truth! Pingbacks are enabled or you can simply drop a link in the comments below. Have fun!
- Why is St. Valentine’s day observed on February 14th? They thought it would be bad luck to have a holiday on Friday the 13th.
- According to legend, what is supposed to happen if a groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd? It scares the shit out of him, he takes off and now someone else has to worry about his screwing up their garden.
- Whether you call it Mardi Gras or Pancake Day, what is the day after “Fat Tuesday” called? Nausea Wednesday
- What does Presidents Day commemorate? The fact that they were able to get a little tiny face inscribed on a little metal disc of copper and silver
- What is the story of Beauty & the Beast about really? 50 years of marriage
- What allows Peter Pan to fly? Tinkerbell carries him by the waistband
- Why did the princess kiss the frog? Because she was too young to understand that amphibians can carry diseases and those creatures should be left in the water
- What is Pinocchio about? The original childrens party game invented by Occhio except he got tired of everyone poking him with sharp objects when the saw him.
- Why did Little Boy Blue need to blow his horn? Because Little Girl Pink told him to keep his hands off of hers
- Why did Jack and Jill go up the hill? Because their school was uphill both ways and they went barefoot in the snow, day after day…wait, that was my dad’s reason…