This week PCGuyIV hosts: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2022/03/11/fibbing-friday-march-11th-2022/ Welcome to Fibbing Friday! Time to lie until your pants are burned to a crisp! Just answer the questions below in a post on your own blog as creatively as you can, making sure that you bend, stretch, break, or outright ignore the truth.
- What is Mick Jagger known for? blowing bubbles with his wife and kids
- What do Ronnie Milsap and Stevie Wonder have in common? Stevie Wonder loved pancakes so Ronnie was a great contact.
- What was the rock musical, Tommy really about? It is the male version of Evita, except he lives in the US and isn’t married.
- What was Liberace’s claim to fame? being a good mediator during debates, since he had such liberal views.
- Why were bubbles such a big part of The Lawrence Welk Show? Because welks blow bubbles when the are under water as a way of exhaling.
- What exactly is chamber music? The music they play for death row inmates
- What physical impairment did Ludwig van Beethoven suffer from? He had no body hair, which is why he had to wear a wig, but it also exposed his bare skin to the sun and harsh elements.
- What type of music was popular during the Big Band Era? Very loud rock with every instrument imaginable.
- What is Weird Al Yankovic known for? being a quiet conservative
- What did Sonny Bono do once he left the entertainment industry? he developed and marketed a new brand of dog biscuits – Bono Bones.
Frank is hosting Fibbing Friday this week: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2022/02/11/fibbing-friday-february-11th-2022/
Greetings, and welcome to Fibbing Friday! Answer the questions below as creatively as possible; just be sure to bend, stretch, break, or outright ignore the truth! Once you’ve crafted a fine set of fibs, post them on your blog and tag it as “Fibbing Friday”. Be sure to link back here so the rest of us can enjoy your twisting of the truth! Pingbacks are enabled or you can simply drop a link in the comments below. Have fun!
- Why is St. Valentine’s day observed on February 14th? They thought it would be bad luck to have a holiday on Friday the 13th.
- According to legend, what is supposed to happen if a groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd? It scares the shit out of him, he takes off and now someone else has to worry about his screwing up their garden.
- Whether you call it Mardi Gras or Pancake Day, what is the day after “Fat Tuesday” called? Nausea Wednesday
- What does Presidents Day commemorate? The fact that they were able to get a little tiny face inscribed on a little metal disc of copper and silver
- What is the story of Beauty & the Beast about really? 50 years of marriage
- What allows Peter Pan to fly? Tinkerbell carries him by the waistband
- Why did the princess kiss the frog? Because she was too young to understand that amphibians can carry diseases and those creatures should be left in the water
- What is Pinocchio about? The original childrens party game invented by Occhio except he got tired of everyone poking him with sharp objects when the saw him.
- Why did Little Boy Blue need to blow his horn? Because Little Girl Pink told him to keep his hands off of hers
- Why did Jack and Jill go up the hill? Because their school was uphill both ways and they went barefoot in the snow, day after day…wait, that was my dad’s reason…
Welcome to Fibbing Friday! Frank is hosting this week! To join in the fun, just answer the questions below in a post on your own blog. Just be sure your answers bend, stretch, break, or outright ignore the truth. Tag your post as “Fibbing Friday”, and link back here! Pingbacks are enabled or you can just leave a link in the comments below. Be sure to check out how other people answer the questions. Half the fun is seeing how different or similar your answers are to everyone else!
- What is Lizzie Borden known for? She owned the cow that is responsible for American Cheese
- What did the man known as D.B. Cooper do? He made tires
- What was the Enron scandal about? A sordid affair he had with his nanny
- What was Dante’s work, The Divine Comedy about? The funny parts of the bible that no one talks about
- What does Macbeth do to become king? Thanks his lucky stars he was born a prince
- Why is Capt. Ahab obsessed with finding Moby Dick? This is disgusting…..
- In Mary Poppins, what is Mr. Banks’ profession? Obviously a banker
- According to Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? We never find out because he bites the lollipop instead.
- According to folklore, what does a chupacabra eat? little children who lie to their parents
- Where do Yeti supposedly live? in their houses
PCGuyIV is back! https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2022/01/14/fibbing-friday-january-14th-2022/
- What was the actual name of the 1960’s rock group known as “The Fab Four”? The Fantastic Awesome Bunch of Four
- What children’s TV show was narrated by both Ringo Starr and George Carlin? The Funny Beatles
- What was the name of Sir Paul McCartney’s band after the Beatles? Paul after the Beatles
- What name did The Beatles go by before they became The Beatles? The Grubs
- Who was “The Forgotten Beatle”? the one the anteater found first, he never developed enough to get named
- How many Beatles movies are there? None, Disney wasn’t making movies with Pixar yet
- In relation to the other Beatles movies, what was unique about the movie, Yellow Submarine? It was filmed completely underwater.
- What exactly is, “The Butcher Cover”? a kraft paper. Originally sold to butchers for the purpose of wrapping meat and fish, now used for a wide variety of purposes, notably in primary education where it is used for arts and crafts, such as hanging artwork (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butcher_paper)
- What are the flowers mentioned in the song, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” made of? candy from Willy Wonka’s factory
- Who is Billy Shears? Edward William Scissorhands II
Find the question here
Considering how last year went and the current state of things, do you have any plans for Halloween this year? Will you be going to any costume parties, handing out trick-or-treat candy, or just staying at home with the porch light off so no one will bother you? Please let us know!
I remember as a kid getting dressed up and loving that and I remember going trick-or-treating but I don’t think I ever loved it. When my kids were little I loved dressing them up and tried opting to stay home and hand out candy rather than walk the streets. I guess I just never saw it as a true fun activity.
Now we are in a 55 and older condo complex. I think this would be a great place for little ones because they could go door to door without having to go in the street but I have no idea what they do here. Considering I am a sugar-hog I will most likely buy candy just in case…just in case I want to eat it! Lol. Honestly, I do the lame thing and go to CVS the day after and get the candy for 50% off!
Have some fun with the questions and I’ll be back with my answers later. Find questions and answers here: https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2021/02/26/fibbing-friday-26th-february/
1. What is a tie dye? The typical shelf life of a necktie
2. What is a raglan sleeve? The part of the shirt a normal raglan wears
3. What is seersucker? Someone who always falls for a seer
4. What is meant by a dropped waist? This is the process of teaching where to put your clothing before you use the restroom
5. What is a yoke collar? The rim around an egg yolk that keeps the yolk together when you fry it
6. What is meant by pigeon toed? The abuse a pigeon gets from pedestrians
7. How many pleats are in a kilt? It depends on the size of the kilt
8. What is bias binding? Having a bias or point of view and proving that your bias is the right one
9. What is velcro? What isn’t velcro?
10. What is twill webbing? the process of a twill spinning its web
For this week PCGuyIV writes: I would like everyone to share something positive from this year. What you share is up to you. It just has to be something good that happened this year, and it needs to be true.
To participate you can find it here: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2020/12/29/truthful-tuesday-december-29th-2020/comment-page-1/?unapproved=1713&moderation-hash=97387b8b3bee8755bcf16efd23ccbcb7#comment-1713
One positive, which is really more than one but I will count as a collective whole, is selling my miniatures. When I first started making them I did so with the intent on learning how to build a dollhouse. I didn’t realize what was out there and how much I would love this craft. After building a few and hearing people praise my efforts I thought, “Hey, it won’t hurt and it only costs a tiny amount to list on Etsy.com. It was slow at first but I proved to my followers and customers that I am completely dedicated to doing my best work all the time. I pride myself on the details I pay attention to and the little things I add to make something “work”.
Over all, I have sold 15 miniatures! I am really proud of myself and love that I still love making them!
When it comes to giving money, do you view it as a thoughtful gift, or as a sign that the giver didn’t care enough to think about a “real” gift?
To answer this question truthfully go to: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2020/12/08/truthful-tuesday-december-8th-2020/
To answer this question untruthfully go to: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2020/12/08/truthful-tuesday-december-8th-2020/
When it comes to “money gifts” I think it depends on who it is from and what occasion. There are definitely people one would like to buy for but have no idea what would be a suitable gift. That being said, I don’t think all gifts have to be what someone wants. A gift is a gesture. I worked with someone once who during Secret Santa time told everyone, “Do not buy me candles or any sort of knick-knack. I don’t want candy or food either.” She told people that scratch-offs were good.
I think giving money is okay if you know the person receiving it wants to spend it on something special. To just always give money,…well why bother?
As far as gift cards go, again depends on who and what for. Gift cards are a great way to not feel like you are wasting money on something someone doesn’t want anyhow. Well, in this day and age, people just buy whatever they want whenever they want so if they don’t want something nice, then that is their issue, not yours.
As far as I go, when I get gift cards I use them and when I get money I try to find something that I really wanted but didn’t want to just pay outright for.
With the exception of blogging (assuming it’s a hobby and not your profession), do you have any unique hobbies or pastimes?
Click here: https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2020/12/01/truthful-tuesday-december-1st-2020/
I have quite a few pastimes/hobbies:
2. Journal binding
4. making miniatues