Physics What came before the big bang? the little spark What did Galileo drop off the tower of Pisa? a heavy paper weight Is a Cartesian bear similar to a polar bear? Yes, except they are not white What did Newton say when the apple landed on his head? what the *#@$* Why did Columbus think the world was round? because the best things in life have curves What was Heisenberg uncertain about? speaking English What was the name of Schrödinger’s cat? Cat-er-shlogan When a photo finish decides the winner of a race, did they change the outcome by measuring it? no, photo machines are not rigged What is the God particle used for? keeping people honest Is the theory of everything all you need to know? obviously, yes, it incorporates everything
This week I am inviting you to suggest or invent authors for these (I think) fictitious books.
1. The Mystery by Wanda Findout 2. Dances with The Wolverine Red Capison 3. Who killed Roland Rabbit Miyo Coondog 4. The Taming of the Crew Desord Uffear 5. Far from the Maddening Crowd Tom Depeeper 6. The Golden Crown Lotsam Onny 7. Up, Up and Away Izzy Updear 8. Bottoms Up Al Colism 9. For Whom the Bell Tinkles Gram Manonny 10. A Dog’s Day Izzen Inhell
Here are some familiar words but can you make up new definitions for them? 1. Silicone An icecream cone made specifically with a hole in the end so anyone eating it has a big drip of icecream on their shirts. The person who invented this thought it was funny. 2. Fluff the bit of flour that rises in the air from the bowl when you add flour to wet ingredients 3. Loofah What someone in Boston says when asked where the bathroom is 4. Caddy a male cat 5. Pedantic a new quick step dance move 6. Tangent The guy at the beach that looks like he should work there but he really only goes everyday to people watch 7. Muffler The bad guy in a criminal duo who is in charge of shutting people up and then tying thier hands around their backs 8. Calamity The pretentious term for Clam Chowder 9. Archive excema on the bottom of the foot 10. Fortify the number after 44
1. What is a dentist? The appraiser at the autobody shop 2. What is a paralegal? a girls best friend, always walking side by side 3. What is a Nanny? a goat herder 4. What is an auditor? The docent at a car museum in Germany 5. What is a programmer? The person who checks written work for correct noun/verb usage 6. What is a cartographer? Someone who studies vessels used for carrying things 7. What is a musician? 8. What is a cordwainer? A doctor who specializes in ED and other “male” issues 9. What is a taxidermist? The person who washes taxis with a soft sprayer and cotton cloth 10. What is a penciller? Someone who rules 5 countries at one time
1. Away in a Manger people hiding from the police 2. Hark the Herald Angels Sing becoming publicly famous 3. O Little Town of Bethlehem Ode to a small town that otherwise would get no notoriaty 4. Silent Night. instructions on staying quiet at night 5. While Shepherds Watched This was taken off the air for the lewd contents, but previously it was the theme song to a porn video
What were these songs really about?
6. Mistletoe and Wine kissing and getting drunk 7. Jingle Bell Rock The meeting place for Santa’s elves should they get lost 8. Walking in a Winter Wonderland When Memphis got its first big snowfall 9. Santa Baby someone crying because Santa didn’t bring any gifts 10. Frosty the Snowman a Yeti
This week is a theme of phobias and I’ve given you 15 as there were so many good ones.
The idea is to have fun, be outrageous (but please keep it family friendly), silly, cheeky, or whatever takes your fancy as long as you fib your socks off.
So, what do you think these are phobias of?
Ablutophobia – fear of feeling bloated after a big meal Androphobia – fear of anything that is not made by Apple Ataxophobia – fear of being taxed Autophobia – fear of cars Bathmophobia – fear of taking a bath Chromophobia – fear of anything not black or white Ephebiphobia – fear of words with double letters Genuphobia – fear of being honest Heliophobia – Fear of floating Nomophobia – fear of getting more of anything Osmophobia – fear of inclusion Podophobia – fear of tight places Trypophobia – fear of attempting to pop balloons Wiccaphobia – fear of witches Zuigerphobia – fear of words starting with the letter Z
‘Hello! I’m Melanie and I co-host Fibbin’ Friday with the admirable Di.
Here is this week’s set of colorful questions. Remember this is FIBBIN’ Friday, so what is an obvious answer would be a wrong choice. We want some creative answers to the very obvious ones. These questions are from a mixed genre.
COLOR MY WORLD
Unicorn gas allegedly contains this collection of colors Brown, yellow, and black – shades vary depending on foods eaten.
Yellow or green, most people eat a lot of these. Unicorn poop and Leprechaun poop
Red as a ? Republican
Gold and tawny, with huge teeth, you probably don’t want to meet me in a dark alley. My ex-boyfriend from high school
Elizabeth Taylor preferred her diamonds to be this color. Purple to match her perfume label
Autumn leaves are what color (multiple choice answer)? Not green
blue represents happiness for this avian. Ducks because they know that they can land in water
Every cloud has a *insert color* lining. humid
someone who is very naïve, could be said to be as *insert color” as grass. as seedy as grass
a Halloween moon, a delicious fruit, and something alleged really good Brie Cheese, mangos and chocolate ice cream
for eyesight are what color? bunnies love these. It depends on what color polish you use.
This was terribly hard! Maybe it is my exhaustion level. Peace out!
Someone threw me a curve ball last week, so I am going with Alter Egos today. Prominent figures, but who would you match as their alter ego? It doesn’t have to be Super Heroes, you can use real people or fictional characters, the answers are up to you as they’re all fibs after all! Be silly, cheeky, or outrageous, but keep it family friendly please, and have fun!
I am not one to know celebrity names and I don’t follow social media type stuff so I had to go mostly on impression…
1. Boris Johnson – Animal
2. Madonna – Fiona
3. Victoria Beckham – Millie Bobby Brown
4. Roger Federer – Gonzo
5. James Bond – Feathers McGraw
6. Ebenezer Scrooge – Ozzy Ozbourne
7. H.G. Wells – John Wilkes Booth
8. Agatha Christie – Angela Lansbury
9. Liberace – Elvis
10. Winston Churchill – The (Original) Gerber baby
You must be logged in to post a comment.