Di is the host of Fibbing Friday, the only place that it is better to tell a lie! https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/01/07/fibbing-friday-7th-january-2022/
Here are the questions with my answers:
1. What is meant by jumping bail? It’s the game the farmer’s children play when all the hay is baled. Sort of like Leap Frog bug out in the field.
2. What is a skipping rope? When you go to the lumber yard and you just know the wood is heavy enough to hold itself down on the ride home.
3. What is a sickly hue? That sort of camel/orangey color
4. What is cooking the books? A banker is counting the money, a chef is cooking the books.
5. What is a microwave? A teeny tiny ripple at the beach on a really calm day.
6. What is meant by passing the buck? It means you were lucky enough not to hit it and destroy your car.
7. What are air kisses? a more polite way that telling someone they are an ass kisser
8. What is meant by shooting one’s mouth off? It’s a horrible form of suicide
9. What does a dentist do? The opposite of a straightenist
10. What is a ruff? No one knows…dogs speak their own language
Thanks Di for the fun! Now, I get to go and read everyone elses answers.