Sadje is the host of Sunday Poser https://lifeafter50forwomen.com/2022/07/17/sunday-poser-89/
This week (her) question is;
What makes you want to comment on a post?
I comment on many posts that I see and I guess there are a few different reasons.
- I like to acknowledge those people who I feel I have formed a relationship with through blogging. I like to know that people are looking at what I post and I want others to know that I am interested in what they post.
- I comment on really good writing. I don’t tell everyone that their writing is really good if I don’t really think it is. That is NOT to say that if I don’t say its good then I don’t think its good…I cannot read every post that comes my way as I do have obligations in my life and cannot sit on my computer all day.
- I comment on things that I relate to. I have found that with my grief, for example, it feels better to know that there is either someone that knows what it feels like or that there is someone who might actually give a shit that I am feeling sad. The same goes with the funny stuff or the good things that happen in my life.
- I will not comment on a post that uses especially vulgar language or who writes out-right offensive material. This is not a place to put people down or make people feel bad. It is not a place to bully other people. I have had the unfortunate experience of having someone “yell” at me because I commented “wrong” on their post. There was one post a long time ago that was a story written for a prompt. It was a lot of dialogue but every word in the back-and-forth conversation was a swear (f this, f that). I get it. I have used these words before, but it went over the top. It went to the point that I didn’t like the characters because of the way they spoke.
- I comment on the posts that I believe someone put a lot of effort in. Sometimes the writing may not be to my liking but I can tell that it is good writing.