I know I am a day late but I really wanted to add to this! Sort of like the Monday Peeve!
Today I ask you to name 5 things that you wish would disappear from the world in 2022. Here’s my list :
COVID and all its derivatives
Donald Trump and all of his cronies
Inflation and unemployment: you can’t walk in to any establishment and ask for a job, then get one. Now it is the “initial interview” then the second interview with “the hiring manager”. Next is the interview with “the panel”…then you don’t get the job because they filled it already. What a waste of time!
Spiders that can be seen by a person: Yes, they are good for the environment, they are harmless, they eat bugs…I can’t look at them and recently the nightmares have come back…
New food variations: I am so tired of going to the store and you can no longer find a candy bar like the old days – now they have candy hidden in them or pretzels! I saw a Reese’s the other day with potato chips! Wtf! Put a reeses on top of a chip and bite…there you go, they don’t need to manufacture it! Chips! Are there any regular chip flavored chips? A good old Coca Cola….not vanilla or orange, not diet with energy…Normal stuff!
What is better than staying in bed on Sunday morning? A fancy breakfast of course. While many of us are in a rush on weekday morning s, Sunday is when there is time and inclination for a long leisurely breakfasts or brunches What are yourfavourites?
These are in no particular order since I have some real favorites, it just depends on the day…
Waffles: Each nook cradling melted butter with Mrs. Butterworth Syrup (yes, I will do the real thing if it is available).
2. Fried eggs with “Fake” American cheese slices melted on top. Yes, I like the fake stuff! You know – Land O Lakes slices, Kraft slices, welfare cheese…whatever you want to call it.
3. Swiss Cheese Omelet
4. Lucky Charms cereal
5. Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on a Hard-roll
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day usually and is sometimes also lunch and dinner. Additionally, I do enjoy cold left-overs for breakfast too!
I am not sure what is considered “exotic” per say but these are five of the less popular fruits I love…
Kiwi – skin and all! The skin has all the fiber. If you use a potato brush to wash it off it takes off some of the fuzz that isn’t well attached. I will also eat them without the skin!
2. Star fruit – I was first introduced to star fruit while visiting Sanibel Island, Florida. The condo we were staying at had a star fruit tree right outside the front door. There was a picker to get them down, sort of like a basket that catches them. This was also one of the fruits that I used to bring for my students to try since it is a neat food.
3. Longan – These fruits are sort of like grapes with a giant pit. I first tried them at a flea market in Florida. Many of the vendors had them and you could sometimes haggle the price if you went to enough stands. The only problem with them is that they tend to carry these tiny little gnat type bugs so if you bring them home and don’t wash them there are these tiny bugs crawling around. It isn’t a big deal because you just wash them off. Also, you don’t eat the outside. Another issue I have with them is that if you get them too ripe, they get awfully mushy and don’t taste very good. Also at the flea market they have different “quality” Longans, some very expensive.
4. Dragon Fruit – This is a fruit that I really have to be in the mood for. My son used to love them. There are two varieties that I know of; one has a white center and one is pink. I also found these at the flea market. It is almost like it is full of tiny seeds.
5. Rambutan – This is also found in the flea markets and at the Asian markets. Again, I have to be in the mood.