1. It’s National Wine Day (May 25)…do you like wine? Red or white? Dry or sweet? Do you have a favorite? Have you ever been to California wine country? Or any other wine region? What’s a dish you make that calls for wine? I do like wine. Typically I like a sweet white. I will drink a dryer white but if I really want to sit and enjoy it I like a fresh, cool sweet white or rose.
2. What’s something you’ve whined about lately? the stupid frogs in my pool.
3. Last time you were ‘wined and dined’? Tell us about it. David and I have found this restaurant right in town that looks sort of “dive-ish” but is our favorite place now. It is called the Clamhouse. The seafood there is so fresh and its one of those minimalist type of menus. Not tons of different stuff, just a bunch of basics you will either love or hate. The drinks are nice to and they don’t load the glass with ice. Last week we went twice because we were too tired to cook and their food is so good.
4. Three cheers for_____________________. Three cheers for being lucky to have all that I have.
5. This will be the last Hodgepodge in the month of May. Somehow next Wednesday the calendar rolls into June. Before we go though, sum up your May in twelve words or less. Keep the filter on at night and you won’t get frogs!
6. Insert your own random thought here. When I think of my daughter and what a beautiful person she is, so kind and generous and caring, my heart melts and my hopes for her to have a wonderful future grow.