I love writing challenges. I know there are so many to participate in, so if you have any ideas you would like to share, please do.
I wanted to start this 6 minute challenge because I often see that people like to track how much time it takes to write something or how much they can write in a certain amount of time.
Please leave feedback.
We will see if everyone like this challenge as it is a little different than many out there, with the time limit.
Rules of this challenge:
- Set up a timer or sit near a clock so you can keep track of the six minutes you will be writing.
- You can either use one of the prompts (photo or written) or you can free-write.
- Get ready and write for 6 minutes, that is it! Can you write a complete story? Can you think of a new Sonnet? Can you write 400 words? 400? 500? There are no restrictions on what kind of writing you do, but you should try to be actively writing for six minutes.
- After you are done writing, include your word count and then post back to this page #Simply6Minutes or include your link in the comments section. Pingbacks are enabled.
- Have fun, challenge yourself if you’d like, read and respond to others’ posts.
- I would appreciate feedback on how often writer’s would like this challenge. Is it a once a week challenge? Just Saturdays? Let me know a day that perhaps there aren’t a lot of other challenges already scheduled.