My personality is truly who I am. I think I have a problem downplaying my successes. Perhaps I don’t know where the cut off is between pride and arrogance. In my head I don’t care what other people think of me but when it comes to it I am always thinking, “I wonder what they think?”. I believe it all comes down to confidence. I need more confidence in myself and my decisions, not caring if people don’t agree, just being okay because my decisions are okay with me!
There is only one person
Who can claim
Their own happiness
And prove to the world
That they are
Who they are
Based on their own
©2021 CBialczak Poetry
Link here for the questions! https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/2021/02/19/fibbing-friday-february-19th-2021/
- How did tartar sauce get its name?
- Why is Mardis Gras (aka Shrove Tuesday) also known as Pancake Day?
- Why do so many people eat fish during Lent?
- What is the difference between sushi and sashimi?
- What is noodling?
- How do you clean a fish?
- What are Swedish fish?
- What is a Bishop’s Mitre?
- What was the movie, The Shoes of the Fisherman about?
- What is the first day after Lent known as?
- How did tartar sauce gets its name? When a woman asked her husband to mix mayo and relish he gagged and said, “Ta-ta”, as he went to the restroom to throw up. It then morphed into Tar-tar.
- Why is Mardi Gras also known as Pancake Day? Because when people are celebrating they get so very hungry and the best economical choice has always been IHOP because they have all-you-can-eat pancakes.
- Why do so many people eat fish during Lent? Because it is cheaper than most good cuts of beef
- What is the difference between sushi and sashimi? If you don’t know then you don’t eat either, so I’m not going to try and explain the difference.
- What is noodling? It has two meanings: One, it’s the act of hanging out with friends in the pool using floaties. Two, it’s the act of covering someone who is drunk and asleep with cooked spaghetti.
- How do you clean a fish? First, flip it over and find it’s butt. Using a soft cloth and a mild soap remove any sign of poop. Next, make sure there is nothing under their fins. Finally, check that the eyes are not cloudy. It should be clean after that.
- What are Swedish fish? Obviously the fish that swim off the coast of or in Swedish waterways.
- What is the Bishop’s Mitre? It is a type of saw used in cutting lumber for building a church.
- What was the movie, The Shoes of the Fisherman about? The extensive collection of both dress and casual footwear
- What is the first day after Lent known as? Borrowed
I am slowly working on my miniature inventory. Here is the newest one. https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/StineWriting/tools/listings/964347979
©2021 CBialczak miniatures
Rory has questions very out of order today! https://aguycalledbloke.blog/2021/02/17/question-fun-s4-g3/
|Does ‘methodical order and sequencing’ really matter?|
It totally depends on what you are doing. I am a bit OCD about things so if something is supposed to be in a certain order then put it in order. I have to step back if someone is not doing “the right thing”.
|Given the choice which historiographical era could you live in comfortably if you had to go back ‘in time’ and why do you think you could?|
I’m so not knowledgeable about historiographical eras but according to what I found on the web I would probably be happiest in the Modern Age. I love how so many things in art were expressed during this time. I think I would love being educated by one of those fabulous artists.
|What type of advertising really ticks you off as in – it doesn’t matter what the product is … because of the way it is actually advertised you become instantly annoyed and hostile with the medium? … this is NOT a political campaign question!|
The one absolutely worst commercial that makes me so mad is for Liberty Mutual Insurance. It shows kids on Christmas morning and the first kid opens his gift which is the insurance. The second kid gets asked what he got and he says just a bike and kicks his bike. I think this sends such a bad message to kids. Do you know how many kids would kill to have a new bike? With the pandemic I am sure there were kids in this country that didn’t get a thing. It is such a bad message it makes me sick.
|What topics or passions could you write freely and knowledgeably on for say 3000 words if you had to?|
I think I could write freely about what I think kids should be learning from a very young age. I have strong opinions about what children should be exposed to and think that a lot of the issues in young people is that they think they are the centers of tiny universes. There isn’t always a feeling like we are all part of a big world.
|What could you NOT do for money – given the obvious – so this is not about harming yourself or harming or murdering others – so aside from that side of things – what could you not just do for cash?|
I could never be in a room full of spiders. I could never eat snails.
|When was the last time that you read something and it touched you in some deep dark way?|
I’m not sure if I have an answer for this….
|How did you murder that person and how did you get rid of the body?|
I slipped a little poison from the rat poison into the delicious dinner I made. After he died I drove out to docks and pushed his body off the dock. After that I threw extra chum into the water to attract as many fish as possible to eat the body.
He woke up, feeling more groggy than he had ever felt, not sure why he would feel so poorly. He thought about the night before and realized he could recall showing up at Lindon’s Bistro and getting seated, but nothing else. His whole body was shaking; was there a draft in here? Dexter raised his hand to his head and realized for the first time that all of his hair was gone. What? Where was his hair? Who would shave his head and why? Standing up and slowly walking toward the mirror Dexter could barely recognize his own reflection. Never before had he been without his brown curls. Who did this?
©2021 CBialczak flash fiction
There is now a new writing challenge: https://carrotranch.com/2021/02/01/the-sue-vincent-rodeo-classic/
Marcy looked out over the trees feeling the morning air, crisp and clean, filling her nostrils. It had finally become a reality. Her dream to live in the mountains with only the earth and Dexter, her dog, to keep her busy was finally a reality.
Marcy hadn’t realized the beauty that lay before her on her bedroom balcony. Leaning on the railing to look down into the valley, Marcy felt a wiggle and heard a short snap before falling to the ground below. Would someone find her? The world darkened around her.
©2021 CBialczak Flash Fiction
To join in visit Linda’s site: https://lindaghill.com/2021/02/17/one-liner-wednesday-gulp/
“I’m not lying if I say I ate only one….I just won’t say package!”
Check it out on Goodreads
I Will Never Leave You by S.M. Thayer takes you on an inside look at what a couple will do to have a baby of their own. You won’t want to put it down!
Trish and James have what every couple wants, love, careers, and an endless amount of money thanks to Trish’s father and his banking success. The one thing they’ve never been able to get is a baby despite all the different attempts and methods. When Trish finds out that James has a mistress, she feels like her life is shattered. She is broken into even more pieces when James tells her that Laurel is pregnant with his baby! Who is Laurel and where did James meet her? Does this mean that Trish is the sole reason she and James don’t have a baby of their own?
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. I was hooked from the beginning and with all the twists and turns of the plot, I couldn’t stop reading until the very last page. Everything you think will happen does; or at least seems to happen. Thayer has done a fantastic job at keeping the plot moving and the reader guessing.
John’s contribution to Simply 6! Thanks for participating and sharing your story!
“Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside a dog, it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx
“I like dogs. Anything they do, you can watch.” – David Brenner
I waited on David Brenner when I worked in the liquor department at Marshall Field’s in college. I sold him a bottle of Dom Perignon and a box of candy. I didn’t let on that I made it a point to watch The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson every time he was on, because I thought he was hilarious.
I know, that has nothing to do with dogs, but I’m going stream of consciousness here. Speaking of which, I and many of my fellow bloggers (which includes a lot of women) do stream of consciousness every Saturday.
We adopted a stray kitten who we later learned was pregnant. She had five kittens, who we also adopted. After…
View original post 173 more words