I tried to write something for the prompts yesterday but nothing was coming to me, so I closed the computer lid and walked away. I came back today with a fresh set of hands and eyes and this is what I got!?
Can you picture a person in the fresh open air
looking up at a plane and you follow their stare
It’s a plane on a stick and the stick in the ground
My head is now spinning around and around.
The essence of pleasure has been taken away
It takes one to know one, is what they all say
But whether indigenous or found far from here
My investigation is becoming quite clear
There’s a scroll at the base with a tiny rosette
I barely could take notice of words that were set
on the thin little paper rolled up with a bow
What it might say, I don’t really know.
My endeavor is over, my looking is done
This plane won’t fly far, it’s just there for fun
I envisage myself walking quickly away
But I might come to check this some other day.
©2022 CBialczak Poetry
- 3TC: https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/06/23/three-things-challenge-m3/
- #writephoto: https://new2writing.wordpress.com/2022/06/23/writephoto-plane/
- Wednesday Thoughts: https://jimadamsauthordotcom.wordpress.com/2022/06/22/it-takes-one-to-know-one-2/
- FOWC: https://fivedotoh.com/2022/06/23/fowc-with-fandango-endeavor/
- WOTD: https://wordofthedaychallenge.wordpress.com/2022/06/23/indigenous/
- YDWP: https://onedailyprompt.wordpress.com/2022/06/22/your-daily-word-prompt-Essence-ydwordprompt-June-22-2022/
- MVB: https://chellebcom2.wordpress.com/2022/06/22/todays-prompt-investigation/
- EM’sRWP: https://emkingston.wordpress.com/2022/06/23/e-m-s-rwp-197-envisage/
You must be logged in to post a comment.