Who do you think you might be in an alternate universe? I think there are beings who are more advanced than us in some ways but who are using us as guinea pigs to see what happens when they try different things. I think they want to see our emotions and our reactions and how we respond to new things. I bet they are appalled at how we are killing our planet and all the wildlife that should be here. I think they probably laugh at all the stupidity of us humans when it comes to politics and entertainment. *****Totally read the question wrong! I thought it said what do I think is in an alternative universe!****
What would be the most surreal situation you could imagine finding yourself in? Being in Heaven with people I have lost.
You won!! You have five minutes for a Supermarket Dash in the FoodHall – what will you fill your trolley/shopping cart with? Seafood, meat, and ice cream
You have 60 minutes to hide 50 million in hard currency [Notes] in your house – where would you put the money/cash – to avoid detection? I would put a lot of it in my dirty clothes hamper. I would put some in the trash bins under the bags, so it isn’t actually in the garbage, and I would put it in whatever open containers or boxes of anything I could find, like crackers or chips. I’d probably need more room than that so I would try to make a small hole in a wall and jam it in then put furniture in front of the spot.
1. Do you consider yourself to be romantic? I think being romantic is subjective. I mean I do like cozy dinners and candles. But what is romantic really? If I had to give a definitive yes or no, I’d probably say no since I don’t feel I have the right personality.
2. Do you send cards on Valentine’s Day? Not anymore. My late husband always said that cards were a waste of money since they were costing upwards of $4 each and in my opinion, the quality was going down. Now I would rather send a card on a non-holiday since I think that is more special.
3. Would you spend a considerable amount of money on a single red rose for your beloved? I guess if they really loved them. I always said that it was a shame that the price nearly doubled or tripled just because of Valentine’s Day. That I felt was a waste of money. But, that being said, I am always happy to receive any sort of beautiful flower any old day.
4. What is your idea of a romantic evening? I guess maybe a quiet dinner at the table (versus in front of the tv) with a candle and some soft music playing in the background.
Gratitude: I am so grateful that there are people who truly love me, no matter what.
What’s one thing you’d really like to do every week, but feel like you just don’t have the time to make it fit in your schedule? I would like to go to museums. Pick a new one each week and spend the whole day there.
I walk my dog every day. I used to walk him multiple times but have gotten lazy so now I only bring him for a walk once a day. He likes to go because he knows it is finally time to poop.
Living in this small community, picking up after your dog is not only the law but it is about respect and cleanliness. So my biggest peeve is when not only do the dog owners NOT pick up the poop but when they let their dogs poop on the sidewalk and don’t pick it up. I see where people have let their dogs poop on someone else’s lawn and leave it but on the sidewalk? Maybe the people who do it have run out of poop bags. Maybe they are not paying attention.
When I see this I think of anyone playing or doing yard work and the last thing you want is to pick up poop in your hand by accident. I have only left poop twice when I didn’t have a poop bag but went back later and got it. Poop is my least favorite “thing” to deal with but it is what it is because I am a dog owner.
In your interpersonal relationships with acquaintances, friends, and family, are you able to separate political ideologies from the people who hold them? Why or why not?
I have a few friends who are clearly Trump supporters and in that case, I don’t ever get into a conversation about anything political. If someone brings it up then I will say “haha, we shouldn’t have this conversation because we definitely don’t agree”. Why not just say it straight out. If someone doesn’t want to be my friend or something then oh, well.
1. What is a dentist? The appraiser at the autobody shop 2. What is a paralegal? a girls best friend, always walking side by side 3. What is a Nanny? a goat herder 4. What is an auditor? The docent at a car museum in Germany 5. What is a programmer? The person who checks written work for correct noun/verb usage 6. What is a cartographer? Someone who studies vessels used for carrying things 7. What is a musician? 8. What is a cordwainer? A doctor who specializes in ED and other “male” issues 9. What is a taxidermist? The person who washes taxis with a soft sprayer and cotton cloth 10. What is a penciller? Someone who rules 5 countries at one time
My question this week is Are you influenced by adverts for holidays or anything else for that matter?
Yes! I am a marketer’s dream. I think everything sounds great. Typically though, I have learned that if I take a step back I can be a little more sensible. I believe things that people say and all those paid advertisements. They have evidence supposedly, don’t they? I think it is just that I like to try new things.
“A writer never has a vacation. For a writer life consists of either writing or thinking about writing. “
I think that if this quote is taken at face value then writing is essentially a job. I don’t always see it that way. There are times when I wake and after walking the dog think about how I “have to get to my blog”. I like the routine and I look forward to seeing what my blogging friends are up to. I also like that I am practicing my writing, that I will be presented with new challenges, and that I can share what I love. On the other hand, I enjoy writing for what I get from it, purely just a feeling of accomplishment that I have written something that I can share. It isn’t always something for someone to say they love and it isn’t always something that has to give someone information, it is just doing something for fun.
I think that people who like to write think about writing all the time because life is the “idea generator”. Experiences and happenings are the plot lines we’ve all been waiting to develop. For people who don’t like to write, I don’t think they think about how everything they do can be “a story” or “a poem”. So, never having a vacation could be true because I know that I am always thinking of how someone or something I just saw could make a good story.
1. If you have been given a variety of gifts, do you have a clear out of older stuff to make room for it? Usually if I get new gifts they are to supplement things I already have and use. There are times in the past where I have had to move old things out to make room for the new just because I don’t have the room!
2. Do you overindulge with food for special occasions and then come to regret it with either weight gain, guilt or severe indigestion? This year has been the worst for overindulgence. I made many batches of Christmas cookies this year and of course cheesecake for dessert! I have to do a serious sugar-detox soon. I guess I sort of regret it but sort of think, “oh well, that’s life”
3. What is your favourite part for any celebration? Sitting with people and talking
4. Are you looking forward to getting bargains in the January Sales? Not this year. I have everything I could ask for and more and do NOT need anything else!
Gratitude: I’m grateful that even when I am feeling down I still realize how lucky I am to have all that is mine!
You must be logged in to post a comment.