Nothing, really. I’m not really involved in the community. It seems that nowadays it isn’t straight forward and easy to join in on things.
Day: May 10, 2023
Turned Upside Down
Choose the right underwear!
My partner Jake and I perform Adagio dance, which is sometimes called acro dance, because it involves us holding stationary positions where we have to keep our balances. I try my best to hold onto my skirt when I get in these compromising positions. Choosing the right dancewear can either hide or highlight and either complement or distract from your moves, so selecting the perfect undergarments to go with your specially crafted outfit is even more critical, requiring some smart thinking. After watching Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl, the last thing that I want is a costume malfunction. I try to avoid the visible panty line and I never use thong-type panties, because they show too much. When I am on the dance floor, a lot of people will have the opportunity to take a close look up my skirt, when I am upside down because the lighting is…
View original post 54 more words
Two shows for the price of one
Today’s Simply 6 Minutes prompt is Swing Dancing (1940s). Thanks Christine!
The room was alive with music, cheers and applause.
Jan and Carlo had been practising for weeks for this and now they were one of three couples left in the competition.
View original post 50 more words
Simply 6 Minutes- Memories
Those were the days
- Set up a timer or sit near a clock so you can keep track of the six minutes you will be writing.
- You can either use one of the prompts (photo or written) or you can free-write.
- Get ready and write for 6 minutes, that is it! Can you write a complete story? Can you think of a new Sonnet? Can you write 400 words? 400? 500? There are no restrictions on what kind of writing you do, but you should try to be actively writing for six minutes.
- After you are done writing, include your word count and then post back to this page #Simply6Minutes or include your link in the comments section. Pingbacks are enabled.
- *Feel free to leave your work completely unedited. I believe it is good to see, especially for new writers, that even very seasoned writers don’t write a perfect first draft.*
- Have fun, challenge…
View original post 257 more words
Leading the Way (Simply 6 Minutes)
A sonnet to embrace the dance
Inspired by and written for Simply 6 Minutes – thank you, Christine
So let’s get in the mood (naturally) – oh my gods the memories – fabulous
Form: Fatima Stanza Sonnet
From tango to disco you loved to dance
I took the classes; to learn how to lead
Insecure steps of me taking the chance
A rock step and swirling spin to succeed
And as I dipped you my confidence freed
As you too briefly laid over my thigh
And you followed me into the rhythmic deed
My heart was racing I cannot deny
All those weeks I had watched you dancing by
And this dancing the way to catch your eye
I wasn’t that good yet you never sigh
I got better and your heart followed me
A different dance, a different high
In the swing of love we found our glee
Time: 9 minutes 30 seconds
View original post 2 more words
Thank you to those who have participated so far in my “research”. There is no time frame so please have a look at the questions and contribute whatever you would like.
This is a link to my short questionnaire.