Welcome to our Thanksgiving edition of the the Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you’ve answered today’s questions, add your link at the end of my this post, then leave a comment for the blogger before you. Everyone is grateful for comments on Wednesdays and everyday. Now let’s talk turkey-
1. Have you ever been on a cruise? If so where did you go and how did you like it? If not, do you have any desire to take a cruise someday?
Yes! I have been on two or three…I really have to think back on that. Anyhow, I love cruising! I have been to Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands, Honduras, … I am dying to go on another!
2. Tell us about your Thanksgiving plans…are you hosting? cooking? eating out? turkey or some other main? is it stuffing or dressing in your house? homemade cranberries or cranberries in a can? are pies on the dessert menu? what kind? what are your ‘must have’ sides? Tell us one thing you’re especially grateful for this year.
David and I will be feasting alone this year. I am making a turkey breast, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and cheesecake for dessert. I actually forgot the stuffing and when David runs out I will see if he wants me to make cranberries, which I also forgot!
I am especially grateful to have a beautiful daughter and a loving, caring husband who I know care about me!
3. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money ‘in a tin cup’ that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?
I don’t usually have any cash on me anymore. On Tuesdays when I bring my dad out to lunch I will often hand the extra over to someone on the street. Better than throwing it away. I send money to a few charities but nowadays it is hard to know which ones actually give the money to who it is supposed to go to. Last year I started a scholarship in my son’s memory so that was a very big donation.
4. Have you started decorating for Christmas? Is your tree up? Shopping done? Wrapped?
Nodecorating yet. I don’t do much since it is just David and I and we really don’t have much company. We bought a tree a few years ago but last year we just had the table top one because we were just moved in and the tree was in storage. I really only shop for my daughter and David. I did make my bestie a gift in pottery.
5. Create your own acrostic using the word THANKS.
N Never forget
6. Insert your own random thought here.
HappyThanksgiving to all! If you are alone this holiday remember virtual hugs come when we least expect them!