Before I could make a colossal mistake
I went to my laboratory wondering just what to make
I thought of achievements and those of my kids
I looked for recognition in everything they did.
Listlessly sitting under long bright white lights
a milestone reminded me of a time of a fright
A leopard had lumbered its way in my head
A display of lactation while I lay in my bed
Sort of a nuance the vision soon cleared
and I realized my daughter was where I most feared.
Alone in the kitchen with only the cats
Lapping up milk and softly giving them pats
I leapt out of bed and threw on my clothes
Reminded I thankfully washed the floor, I suppose.
Forgetting the mess and only laughter ensued
Thought my jovial reputation was what I couldn’t out-do
©2022 CBialczak Poetry
- 3TC: https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2022/06/20/three-things-challenge-1000/
- A Letter A Week: https://nopenotpam.com/2022/06/19/a-letter-a-week-l/ (There are a few extras here!)
place – Laboratory, emotion – listless, adjective – long, verb – lumber, lay, lapping, animal – leopard (noun – lactation)
- FOWC: https://fivedotoh.com/2022/06/20/fowc-with-fandango-display/
- FFFC: https://fivedotoh.com/2022/06/20/fandangos-flash-fiction-challenge-174/
- WOTD: https://wordofthedaychallenge.wordpress.com/2022/06/20/reputation/
- MVB: https://chellebcom2.wordpress.com/2022/06/20/todays-prompt-nuances/
- RDP: https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2022/06/20/rdp-monday-colossal/
You must be logged in to post a comment.