For all intents and purposes despite a checkered past living with practicality my landlord was aghast With a hunger for a bit of fame and a beguiled look of guilt The lady on the second floor came to steal the thing he built. He thought he’d won her over with conferrals and a smile but little did he know from her the array she stole, all while was cluttered in a dingy room piled high with motes of dust he wanted all his items back he knew that was a must He’d devoured knowledge of his work to build through tears and sweat but she has all his furniture and he hasn’t caught her yet.
1. It’s National Wine Day (May 25)…do you like wine? Red or white? Dry or sweet? Do you have a favorite? Have you ever been to California wine country? Or any other wine region? What’s a dish you make that calls for wine? I do like wine. Typically I like a sweet white. I will drink a dryer white but if I really want to sit and enjoy it I like a fresh, cool sweet white or rose.
2. What’s something you’ve whined about lately? the stupid frogs in my pool.
3. Last time you were ‘wined and dined’? Tell us about it. David and I have found this restaurant right in town that looks sort of “dive-ish” but is our favorite place now. It is called the Clamhouse. The seafood there is so fresh and its one of those minimalist type of menus. Not tons of different stuff, just a bunch of basics you will either love or hate. The drinks are nice to and they don’t load the glass with ice. Last week we went twice because we were too tired to cook and their food is so good.
4. Three cheers for_____________________. Three cheers for being lucky to have all that I have.
5. This will be the last Hodgepodge in the month of May. Somehow next Wednesday the calendar rolls into June. Before we go though, sum up your May in twelve words or less. Keep the filter on at night and you won’t get frogs!
6. Insert your own random thought here. When I think of my daughter and what a beautiful person she is, so kind and generous and caring, my heart melts and my hopes for her to have a wonderful future grow.
For this week’s Poetics, I would like you to choose a member of the corvid family, and (taking inspiration from the examples above if you wish) write a poem (or even a song) about it. Those of you who like an extra challenge may choose to populate your poem with a variety of corvidae. Here are the collective nouns for the main corvid types to get you started: A treachery of ravens A parliament of rooks A clattering of jackdaws A scold of jays A chattering of choughs A mischief of magpies A murder of crows
Last week I wrote a poem that fits this topic perfectly…
Been a long while since I have written free hand to a time limit so here goes
Until Today Form: Prose Theme: Witchery of Sorts Subject: Dragon’s Blood
As a witch, I use Dragon’s Blood incense in a lot of rituals and witchery. Yes, I know it is not made from the blood of dragons but a resin harvested from trees and plants. Well, I had never seen a dragon’s blood tree – until today.
Dragon’s blood is a key ingredient in magic for protection, power, and good fortune. I know this, and have felt its protective qualities, its powerful energies, and benefited from the good fortune of insight it gives me. Yet, I had never seen a dragon’s blood tree – until today.
However, it doesn’t have the power to slow down time and this is…
I rarely check my Spam folder because it always has hundreds of messages and it takes such effort to delete them all. However, today I looked and I was glad I did. I had three messages, one from Jim, one from Sadje, and one from Cindy! Do you all check your Spam folder?
I will be on a bit of a road trip next week. The scholarship, The Joseph Bialczak Excellence in Mathematics Scholarship, that I started in memory of my son is being awarded and I get to present it! There will be one awarded to a male and one to a female from the high school he graduated from. If anyone or any organization would like to make a donation to the fund please use this information:
Please make check out to TRMC-LEARN
LEARN Tax ID….06-0883604
It is tax deductible and goes straight to the business office at the school. Thank you!
Anyhow, I will hopefully post from along my trip. I will be driving, which is one of my favorite things to do, especially when I have emotional “baggage” to deal with. Luckily, I will be seeing my daughter who makes my heart melt! She is such a good, kind person and I miss her so much.
Here is the picture of the dollhouse I made almost completely by hand. I didn’t construct that actual house and a few furniture pieces came with the house. The rest was completely hand made!
I have been running the pool pump all through the night. Apparently, frogs won’t go in moving water. This has stopped the infestation in my pool! I will do this until we are able to put a screen cage around the pool. My other deterrents were not working very well. The coffee grounds work, but the frogs seemed to be desensitized. Then I went on to vinegar. This worked except it killed a few frogs, which ended up in the skimmer and I thought I might lose my mind if I had to see that again. 🤢 🤮