Linda is the host of SoCS
The prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “opposites.” Use the word “opposites” or write about things that are opposites
So there are some opposites to ponder….
- How can standing up and lying down be opposites? Isn’t it more like perpendiculars? Wouldn’t the opposite of standing up be standing upside down?
- How can black and white be opposites when black is no color and white is all the colors, or is it the other way around?
- Is the top the opposite of the bottom when you look at a ball?
- Is “time flying” the opposite of “time standing still”? Then what is “wasting time”? Is there an opposite like “hoarding time”?
- When someone says something is open and the opposite is closed, what’s the opposite of only partly open? Partly closed? But isn’t partly open and partly closed the same thing?
Hosted by Shweta at My Random Ramblings
Prompt for Week #104 (Dec 18, 2021 – Dec 24, 2021)
To know failure is to live!
Sarah from mindlovemisery’s menagerie hosts this week’s Saturday Mix.
Our words this week are:
– lower and raise
– celebrate and mourn
Lower your voice and raise your eyes
to look upon the scene
Listen to screaming and awful cries
to know just what I mean
We sit here to celebrate her special day
with happiness and cheer
And mourn the loss of her young age
and she ages another year
But aging is not that simple as seen
when witches are brought forth today
They burn at the stake and run for their lives
with sadness and much dismay
So little is known about these lost souls
who scurry about unknown
Belief is not what gets done now
But through only that which is shown
©2021 CBialczak Poetry
Hosted by Di at pensitivity101
Your three things today are:
A curtain of confusion veiled her eyes as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. The old man, dressed in a dirty, torn overcoat held out a crooked hand, clad with cut off gloves exposing dirty fingernails, to the little girl in front of him. He was handing her a tissue, clean and white, to dry up her tears, falling as she looked up at the beautiful Christmas tree before her. To see this token of charity, in sort of “typical” reversal was amazing and Betty felt a tear roll down her own cheek. Why she was so perplexed made her heart skip a beat, realizing she didn’t have to have pity for this man who was so charming despite his outward appearance.