Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, has given these questions: https://aguycalledbloke.blog/2020/10/06/12-bloggerz-october-2020/
1. If another national lockdown was to occur, would you be better prepared for it today as in, have you been in a position to stockpile much-needed stocks? Or would you be no different to the last time?
I think I would be almost the same. When COVID started becoming what is now the Pandemic, I had been in my car driving to Florida to visit my dad. I stopped at three Dollar Generals on the way down to buy toilet paper. The first store I had no problem, the second TP was limited, the third and they were down to single rolls. I like my brand of toilet paper. Besides that…I’m okay with how I handled it.
2. What do you think makes for a really scary fiction story that would prevent you from turning off the lights before you went to sleep?
That the main character is getting ready for bed, maybe reading, and there is a clown or a creepy doll under the bed.
3. Which do you prefer to wear and why out of the following options?
Cotton, Denim, Cashmere, Chiffon, Lace, Leather, Linen, Wool, Organic Fabrics, Silk, Muslin, Polyester, Satin, Suede, Twill, Velvet, Moleskin, Mohair, Viscose.
Cotton is sort of a typical choice. Denim is a regular go-to for me, I like my jeans. Cashmere is dreamy soft but requires hand-washing and I’m out. Chiffon is actually one of my favorites because it goes nicely over a fitted shirt. Lace, well maybe my underwear. Leather is for pocketbooks and wallets. Linen is super thin and shrinks. Wool is too itchy. Organic fabrics are a little expensive and I don’t know how well they hold up over time. Silk is wonderful but slippery. Muslin, for clothes? Polyester is a definite option for being a long term clothing item. Satin is like silk. Suede is for shoes. Twill is for men’s coats. Velvet is okay for a fancy holiday dress. Moleskin, keep it on the mole. Mohair, let whatever a Mo is keep it’s hair. Viscose…is that something to do with veins?
4. When getting dressed and you are putting on a dress, trousers, shorts, or skirts, and so on, which foot do you lead with, left or right … and why that way?
My right foot goes first. The main reason besides being right handed is my prosthetic hip is on the left so I have to make sure I am in before putting that leg in. Not sure why but maybe a balance type of thing.
5. What is your blog’s primary genre and what are the secondary genres?
My blog is primarily Poetry and secondary Flash Fiction.
6. Has blogging and belonging to a community of fellow bloggers and writers alike, changed you as a person or inspired you in any way? Explain.
Being part of the WP community has totally changed me. It has given me the confidence to write what I think I want to write. I take chances. It makes me recognize the importance of showing other people that you are listening to them. Leaving comments is important.
7. Name 3 television programs that you watched and enjoyed as a child and then explain what made them good for you back then?
The Brady Bunch: It was so real life, except for the amount of kids. They had real life issues. Especially the one with the Tarantula in Hawaii!
Gilligan’s Island: I always wanted to show up on a deserted island. I loved the way they invented things, supposedly out of nothing but the natural resources. It was sort of the MacGyver feel.
The Muppet Show: I love, love, love Muppets. I wrote to Jim Henson back in middle school. I used to know all of the names of the muppets…even the weird ones you don’t see much. One of the things I did love was the music. Watching this was my introduction to Paul Simon and other great artists.
8. How do you celebrate you when you have time to pamper yourself?
It depends on where I am. If I am in Florida it is great to just sit on the beach with a book then go and get a pedicure. At home pampering myself isn’t really necessarily pampering…Playing with my dog and guinea pigs is sort of my idea of pampering.
9. Do you listen to any Podcasts or Vlog Diaries on a regular basis, and if so, what are they and why are they so good?
I don’t listen to Podcasts. I signed up for Audible and I don’t even like listening to books on “tape” or whatever it is called. I like to read, not listen.
10. Have you ever walked in on a couple having sex? If so, did you 1] Scream in horror make apologies and run out, 2] Make your way out but acting cool about it all, or 3] Laugh out loud and say “Alrighty then, game on!!” and join in?
I never did but my daughter stopped home one day to say hello when we were “hanging out”. I saw her and screamed, then tried to get sheets on me. Then I laughed.
11. What do you think lives in the 80% of the ocean that is unexplored and unmapped?
I think there are really weird looking fish. There are probably a lot of large squid in all the giant caves (I am assuming there are caves).
12. Do you read book reviews before purchasing a book new to you or do you simply buy a book based upon what you have read on the sale description or back page. If you do, how influenced are you by those reviews? (Question inspired by Sadje of Keep it Alive.)
I never read reviews until I started writing them! I usually go by the picture on the cover, yeah immature but I do…I also go by the blurb on the back or in the front jacket.
You must be logged in to post a comment.